Saturday, December 31, 2022
Sunday, May 29, 2022
Prospect Land Trust Trails Day Hike June 5th from 2-4pm, length of time depends on which trails will be hiked. Link provides more information, Leaders Bill and Patty Rinckel will be your guides for a beautiful wooded hike with scenic overlook beginning and ending at the same location. Meet at Boardman Dr. cul-de-sac.
Sunday, May 17, 2020
Monday, March 23, 2020
There is so much out there right now for everyone to do young and old that you can spend more time looking and less time learning. Here are a few pages that will be posting hands on learning as well as interactive digital learning. Prospect Land Trust will continue to post these fun and interesting activities that are shared with us as they come available. We will also be adding many newer Family Fun Ideas of our own that can be done with simple materials that you would have around the house. https://www.facebook.com/pg/ProspectLandTrust/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1265487056964718
1. Want a screen-free experience for the kids? Sign up for CFPA's Tree School! Parents receive 7 days of engaging Project Learning Tree activities that can be done outside with the kids. And, daily challenges to win prizes! It's FREE! All you need is an adult, a child, and a backyard or local park. Sign up here: https://bit.ly/33KOoYp
2. Play forest detective! Use your senses! Learn about the benefits of forests! All from your home, backyard, or a local natural area. Project Learning Tree is offering FREE nature-based learning activities for youth age 3-15. Check them out! plt.org Activities for Families - Project Learning Tree Nature is a great teacher! Try these activity ideas from Project Learning Tree to connect the children in your life to the outdoors and nature.
Connecticut Fish and Wildlife
1. We are starting to hear about At Home Learning Programs and Facebook Live presentations being offered by a variety of local non-profit conservation organizations and nature centers throughout Connecticut. We will share them with you as we learn about them and please share with others so that kids and families can take advantage of these fantastic learning opportunities. These organizations, like Ripley Waterfowl Conservancy, will appreciate your participation and support. Details: We're excited to share Ripley's At Home Learning Programs, starting next week! Just because our on-site education programs have been canceled doesn't mean you can't learn with us at home through our interactive FREE digital programs!
All you need is a computer equipped with a webcam and an internet connection. Programs are free and open to all, and will take place Mon-Fri next week at 2 pm daily!
Monday, March 23rd at 2pm: Welcome to the Conservancy!
Take a tour with Ripley's Head of Education, Colleen Peters, and see what's been happening during our breeding season. Watch on Facebook Live!
2. Looking for something to keep your kids busy? Our Explore Connecticut's Wildlife workbook features fact sheets, activities, and coloring pages that can be used as an introduction to our state's wildlife. It is available to download at https://portal.ct.gov/…/ou…/SessionsWildlifeWorkbookpdf.pdf…
3/21/20 finds Thanks to Connecticut Fish and Wildlife
1. With the help of some of our amazing animal ambassadors Stamford Museum & Nature Center will be holding Facebook Live educational programs daily at 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM. View this morning's presentation and join them for future ones. (More programs to be highlighted from Connecticut environmental educators.)
2. Mystic Aquarium
Get up close and personal behind the scenes and Facebook live daily. Today we met with Maia the seal who has lived at Mystic Aquarium for 6yrs now. If you missed live chat not to worry they still have them available for viewing.
3/22/20 finds thanks to Connecticut Fish and Wildlife
Christine's Critters Inc. will be doing Facebook Live presentations every weekday from 11:00 AM-12:00 PM. You will meet hawks, owls, falcons, eagles, snakes, lizards, frogs and more! Like her page and you will receive a notification when she goes live each day! Everyone is encouraged to tune in!
3/23/20 Don't Forget Today’s is wonderful brought to you by the Connecticut Forest & Park Association https://www.facebook.com/CTForestandParkAssociation/
Join Land Conservation Director, Lindsay Suhr, and sign up for CFPA's Tree School for fun weekly activities for the kids!
4/9/20 A collection of online, virtual experiences about Connecticut landmarks, museums, and attractions that provide educational opportunities to engage children while staying safe at home.